Domain mapping of full-length huntingtin by limited proteolysis with chymotrypsin – continued

Yesterday, I managed to overcome my eagerness to see huntingtin fragments on a gel and restained overnight with blue-silver coomassie to reveal fairly respectable bands, much more amenable to subsequent extraction from the gel and mass spectrometry analysis. All of the my write up for yesterday is on Zenodo.


The team at SPARC, Sick Kids (Paul Taylor and Jonathan Krieger, pictured) will now cut out the bands of interest, digest them further into smaller pieces and identify these pieces by mass spectrometry so we can work out which parts of the huntingtin protein they correspond to. Hopefully I should have back some data within the next few weeks. This should provide some good validation on the results from the previous domain mapping experiment as the huntingtin is being cut in the limited proteolysis step by 2 different enzymes with different specificities.

None-the-less, to move this project forward, I have also been designing a series of domain constructs for insect cell expression. I should have this finalised at some point today.

5 thoughts on “Domain mapping of full-length huntingtin by limited proteolysis with chymotrypsin – continued

  1. I believe this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article. But want to observation on few common issues, The
    website taste is ideal, the articles is truly great : D.
    Excellent task, cheers

  2. Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web site, because i want enjoyment, as this this
    site conations actually fastidious funny stuff too.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.